Now the weather is getting colder there’s less of the outside type jobs to do, or less inclination to do them. It may be that you or your customers are thinking about jobs around the house that don’t involve having all the doors and windows open. Autumn can be a good time to renovate the kitchen and get it done in time for Christmas.
A new look kitchen doesn’t have to mean an extension, new appliances, or a whole new layout. A cheaper and easier way is to leave the carcasses of the units and refresh the cupboard doors and the worktops and maybe redecorate.
Worktops we supply –
Omega – Omega excels in laminate innovation. From the fashion-forward designs and stunning surface textures to the unique Q3 edge profile and clever shaped components. http://www.bushboard.co.uk/products/range/omega-63
Prima – Prima is a distinctive range of classically inspired laminates. The unique True scale printing mirrors the natural beauty of granite, stone and marble. http://www.bushboard.co.uk/products/range/prima-62
Axiom – There are 60 designs in the Axiom® range – granite, wood, stone, plain and subtle patterned worktop and breakfast bar designs are available in a range of colours with 12 premium surface finishes to choose from. http://www.axiomworktops.com/en-gb/products/worktops-and-breakfast-bars#swatchesTab
Oasis – Sealed front and back edge to prevent steam and moisture penetration, available in 27 designs in 30 finishes and 7 different texture finishes. http://www.laminatekitchenworktops.co.uk/products/oasis/
Spectra – Spectra work surfaces are both environmentally responsible and have excellent product recycling characteristics. http://spectraworksurfaces.co.uk/
Tandem – Laminates in plain colours, woodgrains, granite effects and abstract designs. All Tandem worktop designs are available in a choice of 30mm or 40mm profiles. http://tandemworktops.co.uk/
Duropal – Duropal worktops are the perfect alternative to acrylic based, granite and stone worktops at a fraction of the price. http://www.duropal.co.uk/assets/files/e/dm7kz/Duropal_Worktop_Collection_Brochure_2014_2016.pdf
The worktop in your kitchen is highly visible so it’s worth spending the time and effort choosing the right one. Things to consider –
• Granite is very hardwearing and resistant to high heat. Suits traditional and modern styles. Very low maintenance and very durable, but heavy. Can be cut to many different sizes.
• Corian is very versatile. It can look good in all kitchens, and has no seams as it can be formed into any shape. Comes in many colours and low maintenance and is stain, heat and water resistant.
• Wood looks nice but will need treating. It can stain if not maintained but scratches can be removed with wire wool. Wood can last a long time and is very easy to cut.
• Composite – Can be seamless throughout your kitchen, practical and waterproof, suits a modern look kitchen, and is very tough and durable.
• Laminate is very low maintenance and can be used in all areas of the kitchen. It doesn’t require any special care and doesn’t require sealing. Not as durable as other materials, but on the plus side it is easy to fit and can be done by a home DIYer.
Whether you’re thinking about doing your own kitchen, or you’re a seasoned kitchen fitter, the amount of choice and options is a minefield. Come in and talk to us and have a look at our range of stock. We can offer personalised advice, we have various stands of small worktop samples to view here or take away on loan, or we can offer small swatches to take away.
And we cater for a range of budgets, and provide quick quotes and delivery times.
As we supply many different brands and materials we can offer unbiased and comprehensive advice.